Since we had a few nice days of weather before our next predicted storm, it reminded me that spring will (eventually) show up. Here are some spring themed writing prompt ideas to get you and your students in the mood for warmer weather!
1. During spring, trees grow leaves again on their branches. Imagine what this would be like and write a story from the perspective of the tree about what spring feels like.
2. If you could be any flower, what flower would you be and why?
3. Earth Day is in the spring. Describe what you do to help take care of the earth.
4. May is National Pet Month. If you could have one unusual pet, what would you have and why?
5. Write a list of interview questions you would like to ask the Easter Bunny.
6. In April there is Read a Road Map Week. Describe where you would like to go on a road trip and what you would see.
7. Plan a celebration for National Peanut Butter & Jelly Day.
8. During the spring you can wear different clothes than during the winter. How are your outfits changing and what are you looking forward to wearing?
9. List ten things you would like to grow in a garden in the spring.
10. Many baby animals are born in the spring. Write a story about a baby bird coming out of an egg and living in a nest with his or her bird parents.
11. Many people do spring cleaning. Think of an invention that could help you do all of your spring cleaning. Write an ad to help sell your spring cleaning invention to others.
12. What would you like to do over spring break? Write a persuasive essay to your family to try to convince them to follow along with your ideas.
13. Imagine a farmer would plant a magical seed in his garden in the spring. Write a story about what would happen and what would grow from the seed.
14. The sun stays out for longer and longer in the spring. What do you like to do with all of this extra daylight?
15. Teacher Appreciation Week is in the spring. Write a list of ways you could show your teacher you appreciate him or her.
For more spring activities, check out my Spring Math, Literacy and Art Packet!