Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Wednesday Website: Origami Instructions



For this week's website I'm featuring Origami Instructions. First I must admit I love origami as a classroom activity since most students seem to love it and enjoy making it so it's a great high interest lesson. You can use origami for several subjects including history, math and art so it can be a nice cross curricular lesson. Also, if you have a low budget origami is wonderful since you just need a sheet of paper (usually square). I have used copy paper sometimes in simple origami and it works okay as well.

Since I love origami I'm always looking for new shapes and new ways to make it so after browsing many different websites and books Origami Instructions is my favorite. It has both written and visual images of each step that make it very clear what you need to do so you don't get lost. Most of their instructions have examples at the bottom that visitors to the site have made so you can feel confident making them. Also, there is so much variety there! You can find just about anything you want to make on the site.

If you are looking to try origami, check them out first for a successful lesson!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...