Thursday, April 24, 2014

My Favorite Websites for Teaching Art




A few weeks ago Etc shared her favorite websites for teaching English. This week I'm sharing some of my favorite websites for teaching art.




Pinterest has become my favorite website for teaching art! I love searching for lesson plans since it is so easy to see what the final product looks like and sometimes the description is enough to understand the lesson. I have done many lessons from Pinterest with ease and have had a lot of success with them. I pin all the lessons I do (and plenty I haven't had time for!) on my Pinterest pages divided by grades K-5 and 6-12 fun art lessons.

http://www.dickblick.com/lesson-plans/grade-level/




I like the Blick art materials website for getting ideas on art lessons because they are very thorough and many times include short videos with tutorials that make it easy to see how to complete the project. Now since they sell art materials sometimes they can use some fancy materials that are not for schools with small budgets but I have still found many relevant and easy lessons on the site.









Origami Instructions is a great website for using origami in your classroom. They have instructions in a variety of ways so if you get to a tricky step (most instructions are quite easy, however!) it is easy to understand what to do.

Origami is also a great thing for fast finishers and sometimes I print out the instructions for fast finishers in my classroom. Some prior practice with origami is helpful, however, if you decide to go this route.









The Incredible Art Department has a wealth of information on art lessons and makes it easy to find what you are looking for. I like that I can search by material, age group, or type of lesson and all the contributers are other teachers so the lesson plans are practical and realistic. Often times photos from their classroom are in the lesson as well.

Do you have a great website for teaching art that I didn't mention? Please let me know about it so I can check it out!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...