Monday, June 1, 2015
Fabulous Freebies: Ways to Teach with Free Travel Brochures
Since it is almost summer and vacation season, I thought I would share some ideas of what you can do with fun vacation related freebies like travel brochures and other things you can get for free by requesting the through tourist and convention centers.
If you don't have any travel brochures handy here are some resources to get you started:
- Free Visit Orlando Vacation Kit
- Free State of Alaska Vacation Planner
- Free Enjoy Illinois Pack - Can add on highway map and state park guide
Once you get your materials, here are some ways to start using them:
Use brochures to:
- Read for information
- Compare prices and deals
- Compare and contrast different hotels/attractions/or even two different cities
- Compare the city/state to your home town
- Create an itinerary for a set length of time
- Use the brochures as example for your own travel brochure project
- Have students write about why or why they wouldn't want to visit the destination
You can also use the maps for directions, planning routes, calculating distances and other real world math problems.
If you have any other ideas or ways to use travel brochures in your classroom please share it with us below!