One of my family's favorite things to do when we travel to places with good shopping is hunt for deals. The goal: bring home new clothes at thrift store prices. One of my brothers just discovered a way to save even more: teacher discounts. He accidentally discovered that one of our favorite clothing stores offers 15% discounts to teachers who can present a valid teacher ID at checkout, so I started doing some digging and came up with several other stores that also offer deals. They don't make these offers super obvious, but I've attached links for all of you who want to verify that the savings are for real.
1) Loft: Ann Taylor Loft stores offer a 15% discount when you sign up to receive teacher perks and deals.
2) Limited:The Limited offers a 15% discount to any teacher who can show a valid ID at check out. This also applies to military personnel.
3) New York and Co: Get a 15% discount with a valid teacher ID or pay stub when you shop here.
4) J. Crew: They offer a 15% discount with a valid teacher ID. This offer is valid only when you shop in their stores. This offer also applies to college students.
5) CJ BAnks: They offer a 10% discount every day. Again, just how a valid teacher ID.
6) Banana Republic: This store also offers a 15% discount for teachers with a valid ID. (I was not able to find the same offer at Old Navy and Gap, but it might be worth asking when you go in.)
Want to update your summer and/or professional wardrobe? Make sure you get your educators discount at these popular clothing stores.
Know of others? Please leave other tips you have in the comments section.